Create Sparks: Don’t Forget These NYE Wedding Details
Are you ready for NYE? NYE is fast upon us and if you’re getting hitched on this magical night, strut your stuff down the aisle in your glitzy and glamorous silver wedding shoes, and don’t forget these small details that will make it even more memorable.
Small details = big memories
What a fun way to ring in the new year with an enchanting kiss from your newly named spouse. This is an amazing time to gather all your loved ones for a huge party and get married to the one you love all in one night. So, let’s countdown the nine best details to throwing the NYE wedding of the year.
- Think Uber – NYE tends to have the highest number of DUIs in the year, so coordinating a shuttle service to the main hotel, or booking Uber drivers into your wedding budget will make everyone want to party and celebrate a little more. Planning transportation or offering options will set everyone’s mind at ease, without someone having to be a buzzkill.
- Remember the timing – A typical evening wedding begins around six or seven, but you want your reception to be bumping when the clock strikes midnight, so push the timeframe back a little. Consider starting the ceremony at seven with a cocktail hour at eight. Feed your guests early, so they can rest and digest and then dance the night away. Afterall, no one wants to be served dinner at 11:00pm and then be expected to party.
- Create a hefty menu – Because it’s NYE and generally more libations will be had, don’t be the person who serves appetizers and dessert. When the drink is heavy so should the food! Plan to have appetizers, a full dinner, followed with dessert.
- Create a “hangover station” – If your loved ones are party animals, create a unique hangover station complete with water, vitamin C, snacks, an oxygen bar, electrolyte packs, etc. Use your tips and tricks to help your guests!
- Have a prop table – Nothing is more exciting than ringing in the new year than with confetti, tacky hats, photo booth props, and noise makers. Have kazoos, that will make the night especially memorable.
- Emphasize midnight – This may seem like a no-brainer, but highlight the new year with, of course, a champagne toast and work with your entertainment to make the countdown huge! Encourage guests to kiss and hug. Who knows maybe some of your guest will find sparks in that moment?!
- Have a “late” bar – Since your wedding is going to the wee hours, arrange to have a late license on the bar, because yes, you have to coordinate that kind of thing! Talk with catering to ensure your bar is open later than usual.
- Have a “Wake-up” station – Midnight is late for a lot of people, so encourage them to muster through it with a station to help them stay awake! This could be part of the bar where espresso drinks are also served. Or, you could even have a special cocktail on the menu crafted to keep people awake: think an energy drink mixed with your favorite spirit! Other things you could have are essential oils like orange and grapefruit for people to use to give them more pep in their step.
- Have on-site babysitting – This would be a very thoughtful gesture for tired and weary parents and it would give them a chance to relax and party until midnight — sans kids.
Here at Magnolia Bridal, we are here to help make your NYE wedding a hit! Stop by and peruse our bridal shop crafted with all your wedding gown and bridal shoe needs.